Welcome to Deadwood ...
Deadwood is 1,690 feet [515 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Deadwood lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Deadwood: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Deadwood: T0H<3>
Communities Also Named Deadwood ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 10 communities that are also named Deadwood - they are located in British Columbia, California (5), Kentucky, Oregon, South Dakota and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Deadwood.
Communities near Deadwood ...
We have created a list of 9 communities that are near Deadwood.
- Manning (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Dixonville (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Deadwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- North Star (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Star
- North Star lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Deadwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Star
- Notikewin (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Notikewin
- Notikewin lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Deadwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Notikewin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Notikewin
- Hotchkiss (22 miles [35.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hotchkiss
- Hotchkiss lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Deadwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hotchkiss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hotchkiss
- Peace River (34 miles [54.7 km] to the south)
- Grimshaw (38 miles [61.2 km] to the south)
- Saint Isidore (39 miles [62.8 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<4> to the south of Deadwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Shaftesbury Settlement (40 miles [64.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<4> to the south of Deadwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Deadwood ...
Looking for more information about Deadwood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Deadwood, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Deadwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Deadwood
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Deadwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Deadwood - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Deadwood, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Deadwood). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Deadwood or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Deadwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Deadwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DeadwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deadwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.7410, Longitude: -117.4582 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|