A visit to the Three Creeks Cemetery ...
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Three Creeks Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Three Creeks Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Three Creeks Cemetery
Lat: 56.3485° (56° 20' 54")
Lon: -117.0853° (-117° 5' 7")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
' . NE-04-085-20-W5 . ' (' . Quarter-Section-Township-Range-Meridian . ')
Or the Northeast Quarter of Section 04, Township 085, Range 20, West of the 5th Meridian
Name Variations for Three Creeks Cemetery ...
When doing your research, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations.
Three Creeks Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Creeks Community Cemetery
We have seen the following variation for Three Creeks Cemetery:
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Three Creeks Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Three Creeks Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 12 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> of the Three Creeks Cemetery.
- Cadotte Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadotte Lake
- Cadotte Lake lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadotte Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Little Buffalo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Buffalo
- Little Buffalo lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Buffalo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Buffalo
- Marie Reine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marie Reine
- Marie Reine lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the south of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marie Reine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marie Reine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nampa
- Nampa lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nampa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nampa
- Peace River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reno
- Reno lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reno
- Roma Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roma Junction
- Roma Junction lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roma Junction
- Saint Isidore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Shaftesbury Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Three Creeks Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 4 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Three Creeks Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Briarcliffe Cemetery
- Grimshaw Women's Institute Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Three Creeks Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Nampa Protestant Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Three Creeks Cemetery:
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Three Creeks Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.3485, Longitude: -117.0853 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|