List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Burmis (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Bellevue Union Cemetery
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- The Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old) is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Blairmore.
- To be more accurate, Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old) lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Burmis.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2274934<2>
- Brocket Colony Cemetery
- Coleman Catholic Cemetery
- Coleman Union Cemetery
- Cowley Cemetery
- East Fernie Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the East Fernie Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- East Fernie Cemetery lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west of Burmis.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the East Fernie Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Fernie Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2516829<2>
- Elk Prairie Cemetery
- Elk Valley Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Fairview Cemetery
- Fernie Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery
- Hill Spring Cemetery
- Hillcrest Mines Cemetery
- Hillspring Pioneer Cemetery
- Lille Cemetery
- Livingstone Cemetery
- Passburg Cemetery
- Pincher Creek Colony
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Pincher Creek Colony. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Pincher Creek Colony lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Burmis.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pincher Creek Colony
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Creek Colony
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2660492<2>
- Pincher Creek Fairview Cemetery
- Pincher Creek Pioneer Cemetery
- Rivercrest Cemetery
- St. Annes RC Cemetery
- The St. Annes RC Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Blairmore.
- To be more precise, St. Annes RC Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Burmis.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Annes RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Annes RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316391<2>
- St. Cyril's Catholic Cemetery
- St. Henry Cemetery
- St. Margaret's Cemetery
- Springridge Mennonite Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- Waterton National Park Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Burmis, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Burmis to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Burmis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Working on your genealogy? We recommend a visit to these websites when searching in and around the area of Burmis:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Burmis.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burmis) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burmis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burmis
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burmis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5562, Longitude: -114.2952
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|