Communities Also Named Benton Station ...
We have found three communities that share the name Benton Station.
Within Alberta, the name Benton Station is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Benton County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Iowa community of Benton Station [Benton County].
- Kennebec County
- This Benton Station is located in Kennebec County and lies 1,914 miles [3,080.3 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benton Station
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Kennebec County community of Benton Station.
- Polk County
- This Benton Station is located in Polk County and lies 1,690 miles [2,719.8 km]<2> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benton Station
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Polk County community of Benton Station.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Benton Station ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cereal (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cereal
- Cereal lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Benton Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cereal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cereal
- Chinook (29 miles [46.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Benton Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Empress (30 miles [48.3 km] to the southeast)
- Excel (9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Excel
- Excel lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Benton Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Excel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Excel
- Flaxcombe (33 miles [53.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flaxcombe
- Flaxcombe lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the east of Benton Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flaxcombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flaxcombe
How Far From Benton Station to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Benton Station to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Benton Station and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 201 miles [323.5 km]<2> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Benton Station to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,624 miles [2,613.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,320 miles [10,171.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,088 miles [11,407 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,134 miles [8,262.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Benton Station. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Benton Station, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Benton Station) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Benton Station. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Benton StationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Benton Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.3482, Longitude: -110.3493 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Benton Station to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.273 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.672 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.482 degrees.||