Curious and Interesting Names Near Beazer ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Chief Mountain (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chief Mountain
- Chief Mountain lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Beazer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chief Mountain
- Hill Spring (13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Beazer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
- Hillspring (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillspring
- Hillspring lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Beazer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillspring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillspring
- Mountain View (5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Pincher Creek (33 miles [53.1 km] to the northwest)
- Stand Off (25 miles [40.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Beazer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
- Twin Butte (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Beazer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<3>
- Whiskey Gap (21 miles [33.8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whiskey Gap
- Whiskey Gap lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Beazer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whiskey Gap came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whiskey Gap
How Far From Beazer to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Beazer to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Beazer and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 305 miles [490.8 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Beazer to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 18 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,769 miles [2,846.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,520 miles [10,492.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,288 miles [11,728.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,340 miles [8,593.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Beazer
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beazer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beazer) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beazer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeazerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beazer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1167, Longitude: -113.4833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Beazer to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.722 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.275 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.858 degrees.||