Curious and Interesting Names Near Beauvallon ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Elk Point (28 miles [45.1 km] to the northeast)
- Hairy Hill (21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Beauvallon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Horseshoe Bay (31 miles [49.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horseshoe Bay
- Horseshoe Bay lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Beauvallon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horseshoe Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horseshoe Bay
- Mannville (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Owlseye (27 miles [43.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owlseye
- Owlseye lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Beauvallon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owlseye came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owlseye
- Saddle Lake (22 miles [35.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Lake
- Saddle Lake lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Beauvallon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Lake
- Two Hills (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Beauvallon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
How Far From Beauvallon to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Beauvallon to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Beauvallon and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 83 miles [133.6 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Beauvallon to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,680 miles [2,703.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,201 miles [9,979.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,969 miles [11,215.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,042 miles [8,114.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Beauvallon
Mentions & References for Beauvallon
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beauvallon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beauvallon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beauvallon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeauvallonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beauvallon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6677, Longitude: -111.4837 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Beauvallon to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.193 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.925 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.789 degrees.||