Communities Also Named Avonmore ...
We found three communities that share the name Avonmore.
Within Alberta, the name Avonmore is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these three communities, one is located in Canada and the other two communities are located in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Avonmore lies 1,795 miles [2,888.8 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Avonmore
- Indiana County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Avonmore [Indiana County].
- Westmoreland County
- This Avonmore is located in Westmoreland County and lies 1,809 miles [2,911.3 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Avonmore
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Westmoreland County community of Avonmore.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Avonmore ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beverly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beverly
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Beverly
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbondale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbondale
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Carbondale
- Cooking Lake
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Gold Bar
(3 miles [4.8 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Bar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Bar
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Gold Bar
- Half Moon Lake
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Lake
- Half Moon Lake has also been known as:
- Half Moon Estates
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Half Moon Lake
(Less than 2 miles to the west)
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hercules came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hercules
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Hercules
- Virginia Park
(3 miles [4.8 km] to the north)
- Woodland Park
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
How Far From Avonmore to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Avonmore to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Avonmore and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies just to the northwest (NW).
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,759 miles [2,830.8 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Avonmore to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 100 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 69 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,248 miles [10,055.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,014 miles [11,287.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,102 miles [8,210.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Avonmore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Avonmore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Avonmore. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AvonmoreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Avonmore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5095, Longitude: -113.4521 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Avonmore could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Avonmore to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.78 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.704 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.136 degrees.||