Curious and Interesting Names Near Amisk ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the west of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the south of Amisk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Amisk to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Amisk to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Amisk and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 122 miles [196.3 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Amisk to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,657 miles [2,666.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,260 miles [10,074.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,028 miles [11,310.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,089 miles [8,190 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Amisk: www.amisk.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Amisk) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Amisk. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Amisk
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Amisk. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5647, Longitude: -111.0566
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Amisk to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.849 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.436 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.719 degrees.||