Welcome to Akenside ...
Although we found mention of Akenside during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Akenside was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Akenside to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Akenside, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Akenside might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Akenside would be found within the (780) & (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Akenside: T8A<3>
Communities near Akenside ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Akenside.
- Saint Albert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Albert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Albert
- Saint Albert lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Akenside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Albert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Albert<5>
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Akenside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruderhein
- Bruderhein lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Akenside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruderhein
- Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Manor Estates
- Upper Manor Estates lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Akenside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Manor Estates
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Namao came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Namao
- Namao lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Akenside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Namao
- South Cooking Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Cooking Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Cooking Lake
- South Cooking Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Akenside
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Cooking Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Akenside ...
Looking for more information about Akenside? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Akenside, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Akenside.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Akenside and then turned west". While Akenside could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Akenside as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Akenside could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Akenside, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Akenside). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Akenside or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Akenside) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Akenside. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6008, Longitude: -113.2492
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|