Census Data for Wolf ...
As far as we can tell, Wolf has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Wolf, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Dayton [Sheridan County]
- Ranchester [Sheridan County]
- Sheridan [Sheridan County]
- Lodge Grass [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge Grass
- Lodge Grass [Big Horn County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the north of Wolf
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodge Grass have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge Grass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lodge Grass<2>
- Buffalo [Johnson County]
Sheridan County ...
Wolf is located in Sheridan County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Sheridan County.
Miscellaneous Information for Wolf ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Sheridan County or the community of Wolf:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Wolf:
- GNIS ID for Wolf: 1604593
- GNIS ID for Sheridan County: 1605081
- GNIS ID for State of Wyoming: 1779807
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 56 (Wyoming)
- County Code: 033 (Sheridan County)
- Place Code: 84490 (Wolf)
- State & County Code: 56/033 (Wyoming / Sheridan County)
- State & Place Code: 56/84490 (Wyoming / Wolf)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Wolf is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Wolf, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Wolf. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Wolf:82844<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Wolf.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Sheridan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wolf. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sheridan County: www.sheridancounty.com/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wolf) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wolf. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WolfOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wolf. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7706, Longitude: -107.2385 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sheridan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Wolf or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|