Around Taylor ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kemmerer. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the southeast of Taylor. Kemmerer has a population of 2,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Montpelier (ID).
It is located about 23 miles [ km] to the northwest of Taylor and has a population of 2,500 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Taylor.<2>
- Bennington [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bennington
- Bennington [Bear Lake County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Taylor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bennington
- Bern [Bear Lake County]
- Bloomington [Bear Lake County]
- Dingle [Bear Lake County]
- Fish Haven [Bear Lake County]
- Geneva [Bear Lake County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Montpelier [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montpelier
- Montpelier [Bear Lake County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Taylor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montpelier
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Montpelier<3>
- Paris [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paris
- Paris [Bear Lake County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Taylor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 517 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paris<3>
- Saint Charles [Bear Lake County]
- Wardboro [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wardboro
- Wardboro [Bear Lake County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Taylor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wardboro
- Garden City [Rich County]
- Garden [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden
- Garden [Rich County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Taylor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden
- Laketown [Rich County]
- Meadowville [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowville
- Meadowville [Rich County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Taylor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowville
- Cokeville [Lincoln County]
For more communities neighboring Taylor, please visit our County-by-County Page for Taylor.
Lincoln County ...
Taylor is located in Lincoln County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Lincoln County: Bear Lake (ID), Bonneville (ID), Caribou (ID), Rich (UT), Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Taylor ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Taylor.
Airports Near Taylor ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Taylor and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Taylor.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Taylor.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Taylor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Taylor. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Taylor|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Taylor), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|