Welcome to Wardboro ...
Wardboro is located in Bear Lake County<1>.
Wardboro is 5,950 feet [1,814 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Wardboro is about 1¼ mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Wardboro lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Wardboro is within the (208) area code.
The ZIP code for Wardboro: 83254<3>
Communities near Wardboro ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Wardboro.
- Montpelier [Bear Lake County]
- Paris [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paris
- Paris [Bear Lake County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Wardboro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 517 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paris<5>
- Georgetown [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
- Georgetown [Bear Lake County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Wardboro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 497 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Georgetown have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georgetown
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Georgetown<5>
- Bloomington [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bloomington
- Bloomington [Bear Lake County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Wardboro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 209 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bloomington<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Saint Charles [Bear Lake County]
- Bern [Bear Lake County]
- Bennington [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bennington
- Bennington [Bear Lake County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Wardboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bennington
- Geneva [Bear Lake County]
- Fish Haven [Bear Lake County]
- Taylor [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor [Lincoln County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Wardboro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Wardboro. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Wardboro.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Wardboro. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Wardboro.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Wardboro. See our Newspapers Page for Wardboro.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wardboro ...
Looking for more information about Wardboro? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Wardboro, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Wardboro.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Idaho
About Bear Lake County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wardboro. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Bear Lake County: www.bearlakecounty.info/
The official website for State of Idaho: www.state.id.us/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Idaho's counties, including Bear Lake, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Wardboro - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Wardboro). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Wardboro or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wardboro) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wardboro. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WardboroOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wardboro. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.2547, Longitude: -111.2773 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|