Around Story ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sheridan. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the north of Story. Sheridan has a population of 18,100 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Buffalo.
It is located about 18 miles [ km] to the southeast of Story and has a population of 4,700 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Story.<2>
- Decker [Big Horn County]
- Banner [Sheridan County]
- Beckton [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beckton
- Beckton [Sheridan County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Story
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beckton
- Big Horn [Sheridan County]
- Buffalo [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo [Johnson County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Story
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,659 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buffalo<3>
- Burgess Junction [Sheridan County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Clearmont [Sheridan County]
- Dayton [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dayton
- Dayton [Sheridan County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Story
- Population from the 2020 Census: 830 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dayton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dayton<3>
- Kleenburn [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kleenburn
- Kleenburn [Sheridan County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Story
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kleenburn
- Leiter [Sheridan County]
- Ranchester [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranchester
- Ranchester [Sheridan County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Story
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ranchester<3>
- Saddlestring [Johnson County]
- Sheridan [Sheridan County]
- Wolf [Sheridan County]
- Wyarno [Sheridan County]
For more communities neighboring Story, please visit our County-by-County Page for Story.
Sheridan County ...
Story is located in Sheridan County<4>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Sheridan County: Big Horn (MT), Powder River (MT), Big Horn, Campbell & Johnson.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Story ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Story.
Airports Near Story ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Story and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Story.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Story ...
Looking for more information about Story? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Story. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Story, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Story.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Sheridan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Story. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sheridan County: www.sheridancounty.com/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Story.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Story) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Story. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from StoryOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Story. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5747, Longitude: -106.8935 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sheridan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Story), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|