Welcome to Quealy ...
Quealy is located in Sweetwater County<1>.
Quealy is 6,380 feet [1,945 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Quealy is about 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Quealy lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Quealy lies within the (307) area code.
Communities near Quealy ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Quealy.
- Rock Springs [Sweetwater County]
- Green River [Sweetwater County]
- Arrowhead Springs [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arrowhead Springs
- Arrowhead Springs [Sweetwater County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Quealy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arrowhead Springs
- Clearview Acres [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clearview Acres
- Clearview Acres [Sweetwater County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Quealy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clearview Acres
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Purple Sage [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Sage
- Purple Sage [Sweetwater County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Quealy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Sage
- North Rock Springs [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Rock Springs
- North Rock Springs [Sweetwater County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Quealy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Rock Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Rock Springs
- Reliance [Sweetwater County]
- Sweeney Ranch [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sweeney Ranch
- Sweeney Ranch [Sweetwater County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Quealy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sweeney Ranch have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sweeney Ranch
- James Town [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for James Town
- James Town [Sweetwater County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Quealy
- Jump to Google Maps centered on James Town
- Superior [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superior
- Superior [Sweetwater County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northeast of Quealy
- Population from the 2020 Census: 312 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superior
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Superior<4>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We're compiling a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Quealy. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Quealy.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Quealy. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Quealy.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Quealy. See our Newspapers Page for Quealy.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Quealy ...
Looking for more information about Quealy? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Quealy, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Quealy.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Quealy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sweetwater, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Quealy - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Quealy) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Quealy. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from QuealyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Quealy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5379, Longitude: -109.2222 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|