Around Powell ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Cody. It is located about 21 miles [33 km] to the southwest of Powell. Cody has a population of 9,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Red Lodge (MT).
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the northwest of Powell and has a population of 2,400 people.
For comparison, Powell has a population of 6,100 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Powell.<2>
- Bearcreek [Carbon County]
- Belfry [Carbon County]
- Bridger [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridger
- Bridger [Carbon County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the north of Powell
- Population from the 2020 Census: 769 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridger have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridger
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bridger<3>
- Burlington [Big Horn County]
- Byron [Big Horn County]
- Clark [Park County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Cody [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cody
- Cody [Park County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Powell
- Population from the 2020 Census: 9,847 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cody
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cody<3>
- Cowley [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowley
- Cowley [Big Horn County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Powell
- Population from the 2020 Census: 747 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cowley<3>
- Deaver [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deaver
- Deaver [Big Horn County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Powell
- Population from the 2020 Census: 178 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deaver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deaver<3>
- Emblem [Big Horn County]
- Frannie [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frannie
- Frannie [Big Horn County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Powell
- Population from the 2020 Census: 156 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frannie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Frannie<3>
- Garland [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garland
- Garland [Park County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Powell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garland
- Lovell [Big Horn County]
- Otto [Big Horn County]
- Ralston [Park County]
For more communities neighboring Powell, please visit our County-by-County Page for Powell.
Park County ...
Powell is located in Park County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Park County: Carbon (MT), Gallatin (MT), Park (MT), Big Horn, Fremont, Hot Springs, Teton & Washakie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Powell ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Powell.
Airports Near Powell ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Powell and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Powell.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Powell ...
Looking for more information about Powell? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Powell. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Powell, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Powell.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Park County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Powell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Park County: www.parkcounty.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Powell.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Powell) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Powell. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PowellOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Powell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7555, Longitude: -108.7576 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Park, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Powell), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|