Welcome to Emblem ...
Emblem is located in Big Horn County<1>.
Emblem is 4,440 feet [1,353 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Emblem is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Emblem lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Emblem lies within the (307) area code.
The ZIP code for Emblem: 82422<3>
Communities Also Named Emblem ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Emblem - they are located in Manitoba, Pennsylvania and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Emblem.
Communities near Emblem ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Emblem.
- Greybull [Big Horn County]
- Basin [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Basin
- Basin [Big Horn County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Emblem
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,257 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Basin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Basin<5>
- Burlington [Big Horn County]
- Otto [Big Horn County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Otto [Laramie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otto
- Otto [Laramie County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Emblem
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Otto
- Byron [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byron
- Byron [Big Horn County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Emblem
- Population from the 2020 Census: 592 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byron
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Byron<5>
- Lovell [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lovell
- Lovell [Big Horn County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Emblem
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,327 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lovell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lovell<5>
- Garland [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garland
- Garland [Park County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northwest of Emblem
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garland
- Powell [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Powell
- Powell [Park County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Emblem
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,127 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Powell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Powell<5>
- Kane [Big Horn County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kane
- Kane [Big Horn County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the north of Emblem
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kane have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Emblem. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Emblem.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Emblem. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Emblem.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Emblem. See our Newspapers Page for Emblem.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Emblem ...
Looking for more information about Emblem? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Emblem, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Emblem.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Wyoming
About Big Horn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Emblem. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Big Horn, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Emblem - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Emblem). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Emblem or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Emblem) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Emblem. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EmblemOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Emblem. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5058, Longitude: -108.3917 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|