Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Lone Tree Crossing, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Lone Tree Crossing and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Lone Tree Crossing:
- 44.448011, -108.704016
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Lone Tree Crossing
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Lone Tree Crossing ...
We have found one communities that share the name Lone Tree Crossing.
Within Wyoming, the name Lone Tree Crossing is unique.
Beyond Wyoming, there is another community also named Lone Tree Crossing in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Emery County
- This Lone Tree Crossing is located in Emery County and lies 411 miles [661.4 km]<1> to the south southwest of the Lone Tree Crossing that is located in Park County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Tree Crossing
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Emery County community of Lone Tree Crossing.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lone Tree Crossing ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cody [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cody
- Cody [Park County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Lone Tree Crossing
- Population from the 2020 Census: 9,847 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cody
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cody<2>
- Dry Creek [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dry Creek
- Dry Creek [Park County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Lone Tree Crossing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dry Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dry Creek
- Dumbell [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dumbell
- Dumbell [Park County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Lone Tree Crossing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dumbell have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dumbell
- Emblem [Big Horn County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Meeteetse [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeteetse
- Meeteetse [Park County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Lone Tree Crossing
- Population from the 2020 Census: 325 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeteetse
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Meeteetse<2>
- Otto [Big Horn County]
- Sales Place [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sales Place
- Sales Place [Big Horn County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Lone Tree Crossing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sales Place have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sales Place
- Vocation [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vocation
- Vocation [Park County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Lone Tree Crossing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vocation have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vocation
How Far From Lone Tree Crossing to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lone Tree Crossing to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lone Tree Crossing and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Cody, which is the Seat of Park County and lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Lone Tree Crossing to Cody, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 301 miles [484.4 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take five to six hours, a buggy would take 12 days and walking would take 18 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,666 miles [2,681.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,697 miles [10,777.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,465 miles [12,013.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,447 miles [8,766.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Wyoming
About Park County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lone Tree Crossing. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Park County: www.parkcounty.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lone Tree Crossing) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lone Tree Crossing. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4480, Longitude: -108.7040 In this case, the coordinates for Lone Tree Crossing have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lone Tree Crossing to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.725 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.246 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.527 degrees.||