Around Lake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is West Yellowstone (MT). It is located about 35 miles [56 km] to the west of Lake. West Yellowstone (MT) has a population of 1,400 people.<1>.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Lake.<2>
- Cooke City [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooke City
- Cooke City [Park County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cooke City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooke City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cooke City<4>
- Gardiner [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gardiner
- Gardiner [Park County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gardiner have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gardiner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gardiner<4>
- Silver Gate [Park County]
- West Yellowstone [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone [Gallatin County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the west of Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,372 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Yellowstone have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Yellowstone
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for West Yellowstone<4>
- Canyon Village [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Village
- Canyon Village [Park County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canyon Village have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Village
For more communities neighboring Lake, please visit our County-by-County Page for Lake.
Teton County ...
Lake is located in Teton County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Teton County: Bonneville (ID), Fremont (ID), Teton (ID), Gallatin (MT), Fremont, Lincoln, Park & Sublette.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lake.
Airports Near Lake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Lake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Lake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Teton County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Teton County: www.tetonwyo.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Lake.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5582, Longitude: -110.3968 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Teton, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|