Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Keeline, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Keeline and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Keeline:
- 42.757479, -104.756678
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Keeline
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Keeline ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crane [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crane
- Crane [Platte County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Keeline
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crane have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crane
- Deadmans Corner [Converse County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadmans Corner
- Deadmans Corner [Converse County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Keeline
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deadmans Corner have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadmans Corner
- Hartville [Platte County]
- Hat Creek [Niobrara County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hat Creek
- Hat Creek [Niobrara County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Keeline
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hat Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jay Em [Goshen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jay Em
- Jay Em [Goshen County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Keeline
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jay Em
- Lost Springs [Converse County]
- Manville [Niobrara County]
- Meadowdale [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowdale
- Meadowdale [Platte County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the south of Keeline
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadowdale have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowdale
- Node [Niobrara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Node
- Node [Niobrara County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the east of Keeline
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Node have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Node
- Sunrise [Platte County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise
- Sunrise [Platte County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Keeline
How Far From Keeline to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Keeline to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Keeline and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Lusk, which is the Seat of Niobrara County and lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east. If you could walk a straight line from Keeline to Lusk, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take four to five hours.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 112 miles [180.2 km] to the south (S). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,465 miles [2,357.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 84 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,692 miles [10,769.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,457 miles [12,000.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,403 miles [8,695.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Wyoming
About Niobrara County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Keeline. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Keeline) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Keeline. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KeelineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Keeline. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.7575, Longitude: -104.7567 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Keeline to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.596 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.441 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.463 degrees.||