Around Embar ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Thermopolis. It is located about 23 miles [37 km] to the east of Embar. Thermopolis has a population of 2,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Meeteetse.
It is located about 32 miles [ km] to the north of Embar and has a population of 330 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Embar.<2>
- Crowheart [Fremont County]
- East Thermopolis [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Thermopolis
- East Thermopolis [Hot Springs County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Embar
- Population from the 2020 Census: 237 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Thermopolis have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Thermopolis
- Hamilton Dome [Hot Springs County]
- Kinnear [Fremont County]
- Kirby [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirby
- Kirby [Hot Springs County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the east of Embar
- Population from the 2020 Census: 84 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kirby<3>
- Lucerne [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne [Hot Springs County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Embar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucerne
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Meeteetse [Park County]
- Owl Creek [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owl Creek
- Owl Creek [Hot Springs County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Embar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owl Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owl Creek
- Pavillion [Fremont County]
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County]
- Winchester [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winchester
- Winchester [Washakie County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Embar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winchester have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winchester
For more communities neighboring Embar, please visit our County-by-County Page for Embar.
Hot Springs County ...
Embar is located in Hot Springs County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Hot Springs County: Fremont, Park & Washakie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Embar ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Embar.
Airports Near Embar ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Embar and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Embar.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Hot Springs County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Embar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Hot Springs County: www.hscounty.com/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Embar.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Embar) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Embar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7138, Longitude: -108.6737 In this case, the coordinates for Embar have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Hot Springs, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Embar), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|