Welcome to Lucerne ...
Lucerne is located in Hot Springs County<1>.
Lucerne is 4,310 feet [1,314 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Lucerne is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Lucerne lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Lucerne lies within the (307) area code.
Communities Also Named Lucerne ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 21 communities that are also named Lucerne - they are located in Arkansas, British Columbia, California (2), Colorado, Indiana, Kansas (2), Louisiana, Missouri, Ohio (2), Pennsylvania, Quebec, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington (2) and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lucerne.
Communities near Lucerne ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lucerne.
- East Thermopolis
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Thermopolis
- East Thermopolis lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Lucerne.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 237 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Thermopolis have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Thermopolis
- Gebo ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gebo
- Gebo was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Lucerne.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winchester
- Winchester lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Lucerne.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winchester have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winchester
- Neiber ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neiber
- Neiber was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Lucerne.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Neiber. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- South Flat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Flat
- South Flat lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Lucerne.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Flat have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Flat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McNutt
- McNutt lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Lucerne.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for McNutt. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McNutt
- Owl Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owl Creek
- Owl Creek lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the west of Lucerne.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owl Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owl Creek
- Hamilton Dome
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Lucerne. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Lucerne.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Lucerne. See our Newspapers Page for Lucerne.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lucerne ...
Looking for more information about Lucerne? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lucerne, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lucerne.
Adding Lucerne to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Lucerne in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Lucerne was on a map titled Road Map for Wyoming (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Lucerne.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lucerne. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Hot Springs County: www.hscounty.com/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Hot Springs, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lucerne - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lucerne) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lucerne. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LucerneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lucerne. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7351, Longitude: -108.1762 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|