Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Echeta, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Echeta and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Echeta:
- 44.458038, -105.876405
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Echeta
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Campbell County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Campbell County
- Since Echeta is near Sheridan County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Sheridan County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Echeta ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Antelope Valley [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope Valley
- Antelope Valley [Campbell County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Echeta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope Valley
- Recluse [Campbell County]
- Sleepy Hollow [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sleepy Hollow
- Sleepy Hollow [Campbell County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Echeta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sleepy Hollow have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sleepy Hollow
- Spotted Horse [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spotted Horse
- Spotted Horse [Campbell County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Echeta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spotted Horse have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spotted Horse
- Sunburst [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunburst
- Sunburst [Campbell County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Echeta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunburst have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunburst
- Wildcat [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildcat
- Wildcat [Campbell County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Echeta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildcat have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildcat
How Far From Echeta to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Echeta to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Echeta and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Gillette, which is the Seat of Campbell County and lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Echeta to Gillette, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 235 miles [378.2 km] to the south southeast (SSE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 14 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,527 miles [2,457.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 60 days and walking would take 87 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,624 miles [10,660.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,391 miles [11,894.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,354 miles [8,616.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wyoming
About Campbell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Echeta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Campbell County: www.ccg.co.campbell.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Echeta) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Echeta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4580, Longitude: -105.8764 In this case, the coordinates for Echeta have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Echeta to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.55 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.725 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.861 degrees.||