Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Deadmans Corner, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Deadmans Corner and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Deadmans Corner:
- 42.637468, -105.068585
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Deadmans Corner
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Deadmans Corner ...
We have found one communities that share the name Deadmans Corner.
Within Wyoming, the name Deadmans Corner is unique.
Beyond Wyoming, there is another community also named Deadmans Corner in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Aroostook County
- This Deadmans Corner is located in Aroostook County and lies 1,821 miles [2,930.6 km]<1> to the east northeast of the Deadmans Corner that is located in Converse County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadmans Corner
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Aroostook County community of Deadmans Corner.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Deadmans Corner ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crane [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crane
- Crane [Platte County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Deadmans Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crane have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crane
- Guernsey [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey [Platte County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Deadmans Corner
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,143 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guernsey<3>
- Hartville [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartville
- Hartville [Platte County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Deadmans Corner
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hartville<3>
- Lost Springs [Converse County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lost Springs
- Lost Springs [Converse County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Deadmans Corner
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lost Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lost Springs<3>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Manville [Niobrara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manville
- Manville [Niobrara County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Deadmans Corner
- Population from the 2020 Census: 83 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manville<3>
- Meadowdale [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowdale
- Meadowdale [Platte County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Deadmans Corner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadowdale have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowdale
- Sunrise [Platte County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise
- Sunrise [Platte County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Deadmans Corner
- Wheatland [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wheatland
- Wheatland [Platte County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the south of Deadmans Corner
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,522 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wheatland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wheatland<3>
How Far From Deadmans Corner to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Deadmans Corner to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Deadmans Corner and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Douglas, which is the Seat of Converse County and lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Deadmans Corner to Douglas, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 104 miles [167.4 km] to the south (S). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than two hours, a buggy would take 4 days and walking would take 6 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,481 miles [2,383.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,708 miles [10,795.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,473 miles [12,026.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,420 miles [8,722.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Converse County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Deadmans Corner. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Converse County: www.conversecounty.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Deadmans Corner) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deadmans Corner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.6375, Longitude: -105.0686 In this case, the coordinates for Deadmans Corner have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Deadmans Corner to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.823 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.692 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.656 degrees.||