Around Davis ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Rawlins. It is located about 37 miles [59 km] to the northwest of Davis. Rawlins has a population of 8,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Saratoga.
It lies just northwest of Davis and has a population of 1,600 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Davis.<2>
- Centennial [Albany County]
- Elk Mountain [Carbon County]
- Encampment [Carbon County]
- Grand Encampment [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Encampment
- Grand Encampment [Carbon County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Davis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grand Encampment came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Encampment
- Hanna [Carbon County]
- Keystone [Albany County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keystone
- Keystone [Albany County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Davis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keystone have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Keystone has also been known as:
- Douglas Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keystone
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Rawlins [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rawlins
- Rawlins [Carbon County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Davis
- Population from the 2020 Census: 8,484 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rawlins
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rawlins<3>
- Riverside [Carbon County]
- Saratoga [Carbon County]
- Sinclair [Carbon County]
- Walcott [Carbon County]
For more communities neighboring Davis, please visit our County-by-County Page for Davis.
Carbon County ...
Davis is located in Carbon County<6>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Carbon County: Jackson (CO), Moffat (CO), Routt (CO), Albany, Converse, Fremont, Natrona & Sweetwater.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Davis ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Davis.
Airports Near Davis ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<7> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Davis and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Davis.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Carbon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Davis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Davis.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Davis) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Davis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.3864, Longitude: -106.7517 In this case, the coordinates for Davis have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Carbon, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<7>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Davis), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|