Welcome to Colloid ...
Colloid is located in Weston County<1>.
The location of Colloid has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Colloid is 4,260 feet [1,298 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Colloid is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Colloid lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Colloid lies within the (307) area code.
Communities near Colloid ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Colloid.
- Moorcroft [Crook County]
- Pine Haven [Crook County]
- Clay Spur [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clay Spur
- Clay Spur [Weston County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Colloid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clay Spur
- Linden [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden [Crook County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Colloid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Linden have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Osage [Weston County]
- Horton [Weston County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horton
- Horton [Weston County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the east of Colloid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horton have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sundance [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sundance
- Sundance [Crook County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Colloid
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,296 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundance
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sundance<5>
- Cambria [Weston County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cambria
- Cambria [Weston County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Colloid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cambria have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Four Corners [Weston County]
- Carlile [Crook County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Colloid. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Colloid.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Colloid. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Colloid.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Colloid. See our Newspapers Page for Colloid.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Colloid ...
Looking for more information about Colloid? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Colloid, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Colloid.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wyoming
About Weston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Colloid. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Weston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Colloid - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Colloid) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Colloid. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1103, Longitude: -104.6569 In this case, the coordinates for Colloid have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|