Welcome to Cambria ...
So far, we have found very little information about Cambria. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Cambria to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cambria, please Contact Us.
Cambria would have been located within present day Weston County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Cambria, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Cambria is 5,120 feet [1,561 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Cambria is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Cambria was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Cambria would have been located in the (307) area code.
Adding Cambria to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Cambria in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Cambria was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Cambria on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Cambria ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 15 communities that are also named Cambria - they are located in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland (2), Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cambria.
Communities near Cambria ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cambria.
- Newcastle [Weston County]
- Hill View Heights [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill View Heights
- Hill View Heights [Weston County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the south of Cambria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill View Heights have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill View Heights
- Four Corners [Weston County]
- Spencer [Weston County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spencer
- Spencer [Weston County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the south of Cambria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spencer have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Osage [Weston County]
- Horton [Weston County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horton
- Horton [Weston County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the north of Cambria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horton have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Clay Spur [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clay Spur
- Clay Spur [Weston County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Cambria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clay Spur
- Moskee [Crook County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moskee
- Moskee [Crook County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the north of Cambria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moskee have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Upton [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upton
- Upton [Weston County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northwest of Cambria
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,032 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Upton<6>
- Rochford [Pennington County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Cambria. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Cambria.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Cambria. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Cambria.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Cambria. See our Newspapers Page for Cambria.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Weston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cambria, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Weston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cambria - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cambria) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cambria. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CambriaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cambria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9387, Longitude: -104.2077 In this case, the coordinates for Cambria have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|