Around Colloid ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Newcastle. It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the southeast of Colloid. Newcastle has a population of 3,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Sundance.
It is located about 24 miles [ km] to the northeast of Colloid and has a population of 1,300 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Savoy [Lawrence County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Savoy
- Savoy [Lawrence County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Colloid
- Estimated population in 2014: 71 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Savoy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Savoy<3>
- Carlile [Crook County]
- Clay Spur [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clay Spur
- Clay Spur [Weston County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Colloid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clay Spur
- Devils Tower [Crook County]
- Four Corners [Weston County]
- Hulett [Crook County]
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Linden [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden [Crook County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Colloid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Linden have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- Moorcroft [Crook County]
- Newcastle [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newcastle
- Newcastle [Weston County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Colloid
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,314 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newcastle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Newcastle<3>
- Osage [Weston County]
- Pine Haven [Crook County]
- Rozet [Campbell County]
- Sundance [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sundance
- Sundance [Crook County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Colloid
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,296 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundance
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sundance<3>
- Upton [Weston County]
For more communities neighboring Colloid, please visit our County-by-County Page for Colloid.
Weston County ...
Colloid is located in Weston County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Weston County: Custer (SD), Lawrence (SD), Pennington (SD), Campbell, Converse, Crook & Niobrara.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Colloid ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Colloid.
Airports Near Colloid ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Colloid and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Colloid.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Wyoming
About Weston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Colloid. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Colloid.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Colloid) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Colloid. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1103, Longitude: -104.6569 In this case, the coordinates for Colloid have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Weston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Colloid), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|