Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Collins Heights, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Collins Heights and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Collins Heights:
- 44.29085, -105.434441
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Collins Heights
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Campbell County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Campbell County
- Since Collins Heights is near Crook County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Crook County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Collins Heights ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Antelope Valley [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope Valley
- Antelope Valley [Campbell County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the south of Collins Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope Valley
- Recluse [Campbell County]
- Sleepy Hollow [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sleepy Hollow
- Sleepy Hollow [Campbell County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the south of Collins Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sleepy Hollow have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sleepy Hollow
- Sunburst [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunburst
- Sunburst [Campbell County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Collins Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunburst have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunburst
- Wildcat [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildcat
- Wildcat [Campbell County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Collins Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildcat have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildcat
How Far From Collins Heights to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Collins Heights to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Collins Heights and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Gillette, which is the Seat of Campbell County and lies just to the West.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 220 miles [354.1 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Collins Heights to Cheyenne, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,504 miles [2,420.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 86 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,622 miles [10,657.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,388 miles [11,889.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,348 miles [8,606.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Campbell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Collins Heights. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Campbell County: www.ccg.co.campbell.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Collins Heights) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Collins Heights. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Collins HeightsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Collins Heights. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2908, Longitude: -105.4344 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Collins Heights to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.203 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.307 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.629 degrees.||