Around Cokeville ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kemmerer. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the southeast of Cokeville. Kemmerer has a population of 2,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Montpelier (ID).
It is located about 24 miles [ km] to the northwest of Cokeville and has a population of 2,500 people.
For comparison, Cokeville has a population of 560 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Cokeville.<2>
- Bennington [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bennington
- Bennington [Bear Lake County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Cokeville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bennington
- Bern [Bear Lake County]
- Bloomington [Bear Lake County]
- Dingle [Bear Lake County]
- Fish Haven [Bear Lake County]
- Geneva [Bear Lake County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Montpelier [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montpelier
- Montpelier [Bear Lake County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Cokeville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montpelier
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Montpelier<3>
- Paris [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paris
- Paris [Bear Lake County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Cokeville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 517 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paris<3>
- Saint Charles [Bear Lake County]
- Wardboro [Bear Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wardboro
- Wardboro [Bear Lake County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Cokeville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wardboro
- Garden City [Rich County]
- Garden [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden
- Garden [Rich County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Cokeville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden
- Laketown [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laketown
- Laketown [Rich County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Cokeville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 271 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laketown
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Laketown<3>
- Meadowville [Rich County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowville
- Meadowville [Rich County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Cokeville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowville
- Taylor [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor [Lincoln County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Cokeville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
For more communities neighboring Cokeville, please visit our County-by-County Page for Cokeville.
Lincoln County ...
Cokeville is located in Lincoln County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Lincoln County: Bear Lake (ID), Bonneville (ID), Caribou (ID), Rich (UT), Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cokeville ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cokeville.
Airports Near Cokeville ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Cokeville and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Cokeville.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cokeville ...
Looking for more information about Cokeville? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Cokeville. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Cokeville, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Cokeville.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Cokeville: www.cokevillewy.com/
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Cokeville.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cokeville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cokeville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CokevilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cokeville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.0836, Longitude: -110.9564 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cokeville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|