A visit to the Rockypoint Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Rockypoint Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Rockypoint Cemetery (FAG ID #2182291)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Rockypoint Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Rockypoint Cemetery
The Rockypoint Cemetery is located in Campbell County<2>.
The county seat for Campbell County is located in Gillette. Gillette lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<3> to the south southwest of the Rockypoint Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Rockypoint Cemetery
Lat: 44.9153° (44° 54' 55")
Lon: -105.0856° (-105° 5' 8")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Rockypoint Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Campbell County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Rockypoint Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 6 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Adon [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adon
- Adon [Campbell County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the south of Rockypoint Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adon
- Biddle [Powder River County]
- Boyes [Carter County]
- Devils Tower [Crook County]
- Hammond [Carter County]
- Hulett [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hulett
- Hulett [Crook County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Rockypoint Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 426 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hulett
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hulett<4>
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Rockypoint Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Campbell County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Rockypoint Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 7 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Rockypoint Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Campbell County.
- Boyes Cemetery [Carter County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Boyes Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Boyes Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Boyes Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the north of Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boyes Cemetery
- Hulett Cemetery [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hulett Cemetery
- The Hulett Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<3> to the southwest of Hulett.To be more accurate, Hulett Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km] to the southeast of Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hulett Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84048<1>
- Moore Hill Cemetery [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moore Hill Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Moore Hill Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Moore Hill Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moore Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84081<1>
- New Haven Cemetery [Crook County]
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Pine Grove Cemetery [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pine Grove Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Pine Grove Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Pine Grove Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the south of Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Grove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1851082<1>
- Ranch Creek Cemetery [Powder River County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ranch Creek Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Ranch Creek Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ranch Creek Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranch Creek Cemetery
- Ridge Cemetery [Carter County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ridge Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Ridge Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ridge Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Rockypoint Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridge Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Rockypoint Cemetery:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Campbell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Campbell County: www.ccg.co.campbell.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Campbell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Rockypoint Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9153, Longitude: -105.0856 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|