A visit to the Anderson Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Anderson Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Anderson Cemetery (FAG ID #83980)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Anderson Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Anderson Cemetery
The Anderson Cemetery is located in Carbon County<2>.
The county seat for Carbon County is located in Rawlins. Rawlins lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<3> to the north of the Anderson Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Anderson Cemetery
Lat: 41.0044° (41° 0' 15")
Lon: -107.3017° (-107° 18' 6")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Anderson Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Carbon County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Anderson Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 9 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Anderson Cemetery.
- Baggs [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baggs
- Baggs [Carbon County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Anderson Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 415 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baggs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Baggs<4>
- Clark [Routt County]
- Columbine [Routt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbine
- Columbine [Routt County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Anderson Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbine
- Dixon [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixon
- Dixon [Carbon County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Anderson Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 94 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dixon<4>
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Encampment [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Encampment
- Encampment [Carbon County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Anderson Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 423 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Encampment
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Encampment<4>
- Glen Eden [Routt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glen Eden
- Glen Eden [Routt County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Anderson Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Eden
- Hahns Peak [Routt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hahns Peak
- Hahns Peak [Routt County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southeast of Anderson Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hahns Peak
- Savery [Carbon County]
- Slater [Moffat County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slater
- Slater [Moffat County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Anderson Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Slater have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Slater<4>
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Anderson Cemetery. The following communities are located in Carbon County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Anderson Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 10 miles [16.1 km] of the Anderson Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Carbon County.
- Baggs Cemetery [Carbon County]
- Baker Cemetery [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Baker Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Baker Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Baker Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Anderson Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baker Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #83988<1>
- Eversole Cemetery [Carbon County]
- Reader Cemetery [Carbon County]
- Three Forks Cemetery [Routt County]
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Anderson Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #1597747 (Anderson Cemetery)
- Jump to GNIS Record #1597747
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Grieve Reservoir
- County: Sweetwater Elev: 2024
- Location of GNIS #1597747 (Anderson Cemetery)
- Lat: 41.0041321 Lon: -107.3011703
- Jump to Google Maps centered on GNIS #1597747
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #83980
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Carbon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Carbon, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Anderson Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.0044, Longitude: -107.3017 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|