Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Blazon Junction, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Blazon Junction and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Blazon Junction:
- 41.684948, -110.552669
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Blazon Junction
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Blazon Junction ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Antelope [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope
- Antelope [Uinta County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Blazon Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope
- Carter [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carter
- Carter [Uinta County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Blazon Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carter
- Diamondville [Lincoln County]
- Fossil [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fossil
- Fossil [Lincoln County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Blazon Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fossil have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fossil
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Frontier [Lincoln County]
- Opal [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal [Lincoln County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Blazon Junction
- Population from the 2020 Census: 109 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Opal<3>
- Rocky Crossing [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Crossing
- Rocky Crossing [Lincoln County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Blazon Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rocky Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Crossing
- Sage [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sage
- Sage [Lincoln County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Blazon Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sage have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sage
How Far From Blazon Junction to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Blazon Junction to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Blazon Junction and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Kemmerer, which is the Seat of Lincoln County and lies just to the North.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 299 miles [481.2 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Blazon Junction to Cheyenne, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,764 miles [2,838.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,909 miles [11,119 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,677 miles [12,354.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,653 miles [9,097.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Blazon Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Blazon Junction) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blazon Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.6849, Longitude: -110.5527 In this case, the coordinates for Blazon Junction have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Blazon Junction to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.959 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.43 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.913 degrees.||