Around Basin ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Worland. It is located about 25 miles [40 km] to the south of Basin. Worland has a population of 5,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Lovell.
It is located about 35 miles [ km] to the northwest of Basin and has a population of 2,300 people.
For comparison, Basin has a population of 1,300 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Airport Road [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Airport Road
- Airport Road [Washakie County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the south of Basin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Airport Road have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Airport Road
- Burlington [Big Horn County]
- Byron [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byron
- Byron [Big Horn County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Basin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 592 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byron
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Byron<4>
- Emblem [Big Horn County]
- Flitners Corner [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flitners Corner
- Flitners Corner [Big Horn County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Basin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flitners Corner
- Greybull [Big Horn County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Hyattville [Big Horn County]
- Lovell [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lovell
- Lovell [Big Horn County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Basin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,327 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lovell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lovell<4>
- Manderson [Big Horn County]
- McNutt [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McNutt
- McNutt [Washakie County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the south of Basin
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for McNutt. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McNutt
- Otto [Big Horn County]
- Otto [Laramie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otto
- Otto [Laramie County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Basin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Otto
- Shell [Big Horn County]
- Washakie Ten [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Washakie Ten
- Washakie Ten [Washakie County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Basin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Washakie Ten have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washakie Ten
- Worland [Washakie County]
For more communities neighboring Basin, please visit our County-by-County Page for Basin.
Big Horn County ...
Basin is located in Big Horn County<6> and is the County Seat.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Big Horn County: Big Horn (MT), Carbon (MT), Johnson, Park, Sheridan & Washakie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Basin ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Basin.
Airports Near Basin ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<7> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Basin and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Basin.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Basin ...
Looking for more information about Basin? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Basin. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Basin, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Basin.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Wyoming
About Big Horn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Basin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Basin.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Basin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Basin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BasinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Basin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3812, Longitude: -108.0421 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Big Horn, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<7>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Basin), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|