Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Airport Road, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Airport Road and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Airport Road:
- 43.993290, -107.949261
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Airport Road
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Airport Road ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Basin [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Basin
- Basin [Big Horn County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Airport Road
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,257 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Basin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Basin<2>
- Greybull [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greybull
- Greybull [Big Horn County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the north of Airport Road
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,797 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greybull
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Greybull<2>
- Hamilton Dome [Hot Springs County]
- Kirby [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirby
- Kirby [Hot Springs County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Airport Road
- Population from the 2020 Census: 84 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kirby<2>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- McNutt [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McNutt
- McNutt [Washakie County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the west of Airport Road
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for McNutt. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McNutt
- Otto [Big Horn County]
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ten Sleep
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the east of Airport Road
- Population from the 2020 Census: 250 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ten Sleep
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ten Sleep<2>
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thermopolis
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Airport Road
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,770 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thermopolis
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thermopolis<2>
How Far From Airport Road to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Airport Road to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Airport Road and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Worland, which is the Seat of Washakie County and lies just to the North.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 253 miles [407.2 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Airport Road to Cheyenne, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,628 miles [2,620 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,705 miles [10,790.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,473 miles [12,026.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,446 miles [8,764.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Washakie County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Airport Road. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Airport Road) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Airport Road. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Airport RoadOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Airport Road. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9933, Longitude: -107.9493 In this case, the coordinates for Airport Road have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Airport Road to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.112 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.491 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.139 degrees.||