Welcome to Glenns Run ...
So far, we have found very little information about Glenns Run. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Glenns Run to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Glenns Run, please Contact Us.
Glenns Run would have been located within present day Ohio County<2>.
The location of Glenns Run has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Glenns Run is 680 feet [207 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Glenns Run was located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Glenns Run still existed, it would have been in the (304) and (681)<5> area codes.
Communities Also Named Glenns Run ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Glenns Run - it's located in Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Glenns Run.
Communities near Glenns Run ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Glenns Run.
- Wheeling [Ohio County]
- Steubenville [Jefferson County]
- Moundsville [Marshall County]
- Saint Clairsville [Belmont County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bellaire [Belmont County]
- Wintersville [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wintersville
- Wintersville [Jefferson County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the north of Glenns Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,669 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wintersville have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wintersville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wintersville<7>
- Shadyside [Belmont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shadyside
- Shadyside [Belmont County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<6> to the south of Glenns Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,547 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shadyside have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shadyside
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Shadyside<7>
- Mingo Junction [Jefferson County]
- Cadiz [Harrison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadiz
- Cadiz [Harrison County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<6> to the northwest of Glenns Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,161 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadiz
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cadiz<7>
- Follansbee [Brooke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Follansbee
- Follansbee [Brooke County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the north of Glenns Run
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,710 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Follansbee have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Follansbee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Follansbee<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Glenns Run. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Glenns Run.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Glenns Run. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Glenns Run.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Glenns Run. See our Newspapers Page for Glenns Run.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a West Virginia Community
About Ohio County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Glenns Run, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of West Virginia's counties, including Ohio, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Glenns Run - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (681) is an overlay for area code (304).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Glenns Run) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glenns Run. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1231, Longitude: -80.6995 In this case, the coordinates for Glenns Run have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|