Welcome to Glacier ...
Glacier is located in Whatcom County<1>.
Glacier is 900 feet [274 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Glacier lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Glacier is within the (360) area code.
The ZIP code for Glacier: 98244<3>
Communities Also Named Glacier ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Glacier - they are located in Alaska and British Columbia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Glacier.
Communities near Glacier ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Glacier.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chilliwack
- Chilliwack lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Glacier
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chilliwack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chilliwack
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chilliwack<5>
- Everson [Whatcom County]
- Nooksack [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nooksack
- Nooksack [Whatcom County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Glacier
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,659 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nooksack have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nooksack
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Sumas [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sumas
- Sumas [Whatcom County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Glacier
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,629 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sumas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sumas<5>
- Cultus Lake
- Maple Falls [Whatcom County]
- Kendall [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kendall
- Kendall [Whatcom County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Glacier
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kendall have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kendall
- Peaceful Valley [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peaceful Valley
- Peaceful Valley [Whatcom County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Glacier
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peaceful Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peaceful Valley
- Lindell Beach
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Glacier. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Glacier.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Glacier. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Glacier.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Glacier. See our Newspapers Page for Glacier.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Glacier ...
Looking for more information about Glacier? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Glacier, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Glacier.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Washington
About Whatcom County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Glacier. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Whatcom County: www.co.whatcom.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Whatcom, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Glacier - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Glacier). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Glacier or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Glacier) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glacier. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GlacierOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glacier. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8895, Longitude: -121.9449 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|