Welcome to Woodrow ...
So far, we have found very little information about Woodrow. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Woodrow to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Woodrow, please Contact Us.
Woodrow would have been located within present day Millard County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Woodrow, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Woodrow was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Woodrow still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Woodrow ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 20 communities that are also named Woodrow - they are located in Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania, Saskatchewan, South Carolina, Tennessee (2), Texas (2) and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Woodrow.
Communities near Woodrow ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Woodrow.
- Delta [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delta
- Delta [Millard County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Woodrow
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,642 people
- Former names for Delta:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delta<5>
- Hinckley [Millard County]
- Oak City [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak City
- Oak City [Millard County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Woodrow
- Population from the 2020 Census: 654 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oak City<5>
- Leamington [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leamington
- Leamington [Millard County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Woodrow
- Population from the 2020 Census: 243 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leamington have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leamington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Leamington<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lynndyl [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynndyl
- Lynndyl [Millard County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Woodrow
- Population from the 2020 Census: 117 people
- Former name for Lynndyl:
- Leamington Hill Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynndyl
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lynndyl<5>
- Lucerne [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne [Millard County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Woodrow
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lucerne. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Abraham [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abraham
- Abraham [Millard County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Woodrow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abraham
- Sunflower [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunflower
- Sunflower [Millard County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Woodrow
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sunflower. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Oasis [Millard County]
- Deseret [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deseret
- Deseret [Millard County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Woodrow
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deseret
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Woodrow. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Woodrow.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Woodrow. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Woodrow.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Woodrow. See our Newspapers Page for Woodrow.
Adding Woodrow to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Woodrow in the FIPS-55 file. For more information, see the Referenced FIPS Codes section on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Woodrow was on a map titled Road Map for Utah (from Shell Oil, 1950).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Woodrow on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Utah
About Millard County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Woodrow, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Millard, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Woodrow) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woodrow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WoodrowOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woodrow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4326, Longitude: -112.6333 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|