Welcome to Hinckley ...
The town of Hinckley is located in Millard County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Hinckley has a population of 712 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Hinckley.
Hinckley is 4,590 feet [1,399 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Hinckley is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Hinckley lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The area code for Hinckley: (435)
The ZIP code for Hinckley: 84635<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Hinckley had an population of 712 people. This is an increase of 2.3% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 2.01% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Hinckley had a population of 696 people (or 5.57% of the total population of Millard County). This makes Hinckley the county's 3rd most populous community.
The population of Hinckley represents 0.03% of the population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 161st most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 696 people, the population of Hinckley has remained roughly the same as the 2000 Census (with a count of 698 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Hinckley.
Communities Also Named Hinckley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 11 communities that are also named Hinckley - they are located in California, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, New York (2), Ohio and Texas (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hinckley.
Communities near Hinckley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hinckley.
- Delta [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delta
- Delta [Millard County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the east of Hinckley
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,642 people
- Former names for Delta:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delta<6>
- Oak City [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak City
- Oak City [Millard County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the east of Hinckley
- Population from the 2020 Census: 654 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak City have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oak City<6>
- Fort Deseret [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Deseret
- Fort Deseret [Millard County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the south of Hinckley
- Sutherland [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sutherland
- Sutherland [Millard County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Hinckley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sutherland
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Abraham [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abraham
- Abraham [Millard County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the northwest of Hinckley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abraham
- Woodrow [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodrow
- Woodrow [Millard County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the north of Hinckley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Woodrow. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Sugarville [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sugarville
- Sugarville [Millard County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Hinckley
- Former names for Sugarville:
- Sunflower [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunflower
- Sunflower [Millard County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Hinckley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sunflower. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Crafton [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crafton
- Crafton [Millard County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the west of Hinckley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Crafton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Crafton has also been known as:
- Lucerne [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne [Millard County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the north of Hinckley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lucerne. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Hinckley. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Hinckley.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Hinckley. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hinckley.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Hinckley. See our Newspapers Page for Hinckley.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hinckley ...
Looking for more information about Hinckley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Hinckley, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Hinckley.
Adding Hinckley to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Hinckley in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hinckley was on a map titled Road Map for Utah (from Shell Oil, 1950).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hinckley on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Millard County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hinckley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Millard, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Hinckley.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hinckley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Hinckley). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Hinckley or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hinckley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hinckley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HinckleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hinckley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.3275, Longitude: -112.6712 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|