Welcome to Wales ...
The town of Wales is located in Sanpete County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Wales has a population of 374 people<2> (see below for details).
Wales was established in 1859.
The community of Wales is 5,640 feet [1,719 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Wales is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Wales lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Wales lies within the (435) area code.
The ZIP code for Wales: 84667<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Wales had an population of 374 people. This is an increase of 23.84% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 70.78% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Wales had a population of 302 people. This makes Wales the county's 11th most populous community.
The population of Wales represents 0.01% of the population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 209th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 302 people, the population of Wales increased 37.9% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 219 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Wales.
Communities Also Named Wales ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 16 communities that are also named Wales - they are located in Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, North Dakota (2), Ohio, Ontario, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wales.
Communities near Wales ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Wales.
- Ephraim [Sanpete County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ephraim
- Ephraim [Sanpete County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the south of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,385 people
- Former names for Ephraim:
- Fort Ephraim
- Pine Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ephraim
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ephraim<6>
- Nephi [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nephi
- Nephi [Juab County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,479 people
- Former name for Nephi:
- Little Chicago
- Nephi has also been known as:
- Nephi City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nephi
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nephi<6>
- Manti [Sanpete County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manti
- Manti [Sanpete County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the south of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,790 people
- Former name for Manti:
- Manti has also been known as:
- Manti City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manti
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manti<6>
- Mount Pleasant [Sanpete County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant [Sanpete County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,580 people
- Former names for Mount Pleasant:
- Fort Hambleton
- Hambletowns Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Pleasant
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mount Pleasant<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Fairview [Sanpete County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairview
- Fairview [Sanpete County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,381 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairview have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fairview<6>
- Fountain Green [Sanpete County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fountain Green
- Fountain Green [Sanpete County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,182 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fountain Green have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fountain Green
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fountain Green<6>
- Spring City [Sanpete County]
- Levan [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Levan
- Levan [Juab County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the west of Wales
- Population from the 2020 Census: 956 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Levan have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Levan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Levan<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jerusalem
- Jerusalem lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the north of Wales
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jerusalem have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jerusalem
- Spring City Fort [Sanpete County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring City Fort
- Spring City Fort [Sanpete County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the east of Wales
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Spring City Fort. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Wales. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Wales.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Wales. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Wales.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Wales. See our Newspapers Page for Wales.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wales ...
Looking for more information about Wales? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Wales, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Wales.
Adding Wales to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Wales in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Wales was on a map (with an unknown title) dated 1890.
We also found Wales in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Wales on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Sanpete County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wales. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Sanpete, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Wales.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Wales - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Wales). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Wales or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wales) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wales. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WalesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wales. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4869, Longitude: -111.6351 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|