Welcome to Tintic ...
So far, we have found very little information about Tintic. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Tintic to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Tintic, please Contact Us.
Tintic would have been located within present day Juab County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Tintic, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
The community of Tintic has also been called Ely Mills. and McIntyre. For more information about the names of Tintic, see The Names of Tintic on our Genealogy Page.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Tintic is 5,570 feet [1,698 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Tintic is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Tintic was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Tintic would have been located in the (435) area code.
Communities near Tintic ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tintic.
- Nephi [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nephi
- Nephi [Juab County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southeast of Tintic
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,479 people
- Former name for Nephi:
- Little Chicago
- Nephi has also been known as:
- Nephi City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nephi
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nephi<6>
- Mona [Juab County]
- Goshen [Utah County]
- Rocky Ridge [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Ridge
- Rocky Ridge [Juab County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the east of Tintic
- Population from the 2020 Census: 851 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Ridge
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Eureka [Juab County]
- Diamond [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond
- Diamond [Juab County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Tintic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Silver City [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver City
- Silver City [Juab County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the north of Tintic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver City have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ironton [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ironton
- Ironton [Juab County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the north of Tintic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ironton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jericho [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jericho
- Jericho [Juab County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the south of Tintic
- Mammoth [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mammoth
- Mammoth [Juab County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the north of Tintic
- Mammoth has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mammoth
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Tintic. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Tintic.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Tintic. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Tintic.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Tintic. See our Newspapers Page for Tintic.
Adding Tintic to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Tintic in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Tintic was on a map (with an unknown title) dated 1900.
We also found Tintic
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Tintic on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Juab County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Juab County: www.co.juab.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Tintic, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Juab, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Tintic - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Tintic) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tintic. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TinticOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tintic. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.8346, Longitude: -112.1693 In this case, the coordinates for Tintic have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|