Welcome to Diamond ...
So far, we have found very little information about Diamond. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Diamond to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Diamond, please Contact Us.
Diamond would have been located within present day Juab County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Diamond, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Diamond is 6,250 feet [1,905 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Diamond is about 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Diamond was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Diamond still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Diamond ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 39 communities that are also named Diamond - they are located in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, British Columbia, California (3), Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa (2), Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri (3), Nevada, New York, Nova Scotia, Ohio (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Quebec, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia (3) and Wyoming (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Diamond.
Communities near Diamond ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Diamond.
- Santaquin [Utah County]
- Nephi [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nephi
- Nephi [Juab County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southeast of Diamond
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,479 people
- Former name for Nephi:
- Little Chicago
- Nephi has also been known as:
- Nephi City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nephi
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nephi<6>
- Mona [Juab County]
- Genola [Utah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Genola
- Genola [Utah County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Diamond
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,597 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Genola have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Genola
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Goshen [Utah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshen
- Goshen [Utah County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Diamond
- Population from the 2020 Census: 904 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshen
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Goshen<6>
- Rocky Ridge [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Ridge
- Rocky Ridge [Juab County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the east of Diamond
- Population from the 2020 Census: 851 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Ridge
- Eureka [Juab County]
- Ironton [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ironton
- Ironton [Juab County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Diamond
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ironton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Knightville [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Knightville
- Knightville [Juab County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the north of Diamond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Knightville have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Knightville
- Tintic [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tintic
- Tintic [Juab County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the southwest of Diamond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tintic have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Tintic has also been known as:
- Ely Mills
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Diamond. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Diamond.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Diamond. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Diamond.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Diamond. See our Newspapers Page for Diamond.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Juab County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Juab County: www.co.juab.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Diamond, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Juab, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Diamond - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Diamond) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Diamond. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DiamondOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Diamond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.8811, Longitude: -112.1084 In this case, the coordinates for Diamond have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|