Welcome to Kimberly ...
So far, we have found very little information about Kimberly. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Kimberly to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Kimberly, please Contact Us.
Kimberly would have been located within present day Piute County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Kimberly, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Kimberly was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Kimberly still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Kimberly ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 14 communities that are also named Kimberly - they are located in Alabama, California, Georgia, Idaho, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kimberly.
Communities near Kimberly ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kimberly.
- Monroe [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monroe
- Monroe [Sevier County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Kimberly
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,383 people
- Former names for Monroe:
- Monkey Town
- South Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monroe<5>
- Elsinore [Sevier County]
- Marysvale [Piute County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marysvale
- Marysvale [Piute County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Kimberly
- Population from the 2020 Census: 448 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marysvale have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marysvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marysvale<5>
- Joseph [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Joseph
- Joseph [Sevier County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Kimberly
- Population from the 2020 Census: 360 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Joseph have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Joseph
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Junction [Piute County]
- Hoovers [Piute County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoovers
- Hoovers [Piute County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Kimberly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoovers
- Pittsburg [Piute County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pittsburg
- Pittsburg [Piute County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Kimberly
- Sevier [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sevier
- Sevier [Sevier County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Kimberly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sevier have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sevier
- Alunite [Piute County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alunite
- Alunite [Piute County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Kimberly
- Sulphurdale [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sulphurdale
- Sulphurdale [Beaver County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Kimberly
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kimberly. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kimberly.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Kimberly. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kimberly.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kimberly. See our Newspapers Page for Kimberly.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About Piute County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Kimberly, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Piute, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kimberly) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kimberly. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KimberlyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kimberly. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.4841, Longitude: -112.3811 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|