Welcome to Kearns ...
Kearns is located in Salt Lake County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Kearns has a population of 36,330 people<2> (see below for details).
Kearns was established in 1942 and was incorporated in January 2017.
Kearns is 4,530 feet [1,381 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Kearns is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Kearns lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Telephone area codes for Kearns: (801) and (385)<4>
The ZIP code for Kearns: 84118<5>
Websites for Kearns ...
Official Website: https://www.kmtutah.org/
Communities Also Named Kearns ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Kearns - they are located in Colorado, Georgia, Ontario and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kearns.
Communities near Kearns ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kearns.
- Salt Lake City [Salt Lake County]
- West Jordan [Salt Lake County]
- Sandy [Salt Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sandy
- Sandy [Salt Lake County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<6> to the southeast of Kearns
- Estimated population in 2019: 96,380 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sandy have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sandy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sandy<7>
- South Jordan [Salt Lake County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lehi [Utah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lehi
- Lehi [Utah County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<6> to the south of Kearns
- Estimated population in 2019: 69,724 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lehi have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lehi
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lehi<7>
- Millcreek [Salt Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Millcreek
- Millcreek [Salt Lake County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<6> to the east of Kearns
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Millcreek have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Millcreek
- Herriman [Salt Lake County]
- Murray [Salt Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murray
- Murray [Salt Lake County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the east of Kearns
- Estimated population in 2019: 48,917 people
- Murray has also been known as:
- Murray City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murray
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Murray<7>
- Draper [Salt Lake County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Draper
- Draper [Salt Lake County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<6> to the southeast of Kearns
- Estimated population in 2019: 48,587 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Draper
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Draper<7>
- Riverton [Salt Lake County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kearns. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kearns.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Kearns. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kearns.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kearns. See our Newspapers Page for Kearns.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kearns ...
Looking for more information about Kearns? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Kearns, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kearns.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Utah
About Salt Lake County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Kearns: https://www.kmtutah.org/
The official website for Salt Lake County: www.slco.org/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Salt Lake, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Kearns.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kearns - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (385) is an overlay for area code (801).|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Kearns). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Kearns or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kearns) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kearns. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kearns
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kearns. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.6600, Longitude: -111.9964
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|