Around Elba ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Moab. It is located about 26 miles [41 km] to the south of Elba. Moab has a population of 5,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Green River.
It is located about 35 miles [ km] to the west of Elba and has a population of 940 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Elba.<2>
- Gateway [Mesa County]
- Loma [Mesa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loma
- Loma [Mesa County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Elba
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Loma have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Loma
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Loma<3>
- Mack [Mesa County]
- Brendel [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brendel
- Brendel [Grand County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Elba
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brendel
- Castle Valley [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Valley
- Castle Valley [Grand County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Elba
- Estimated population in 2019: 350 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Valley
- Crescent Junction [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crescent Junction
- Crescent Junction [Grand County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Elba
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crescent Junction
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Green River [Emery County]
- Moab [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moab
- Moab [Grand County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the south of Elba
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,336 people
- Former names for Moab:
- Grand Valley
- Mormon Fort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moab<3>
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spanish Valley
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the south of Elba
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spanish Valley
- Thompson Springs [Grand County]
For more communities neighboring Elba, please visit our County-by-County Page for Elba.
Grand County ...
Elba is located in Grand County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Grand County: Garfield (CO), Mesa (CO), Carbon, Emery, San Juan & Uintah.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Elba ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Elba.
Airports Near Elba ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Elba and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Elba.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Utah:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elba. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Elba.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Elba) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elba. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.9500, Longitude: -109.5068 In this case, the coordinates for Elba have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Grand, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Elba), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|