Census Data for Dewey ...
So far, we have found very little information about Dewey. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Dewey to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dewey, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Dewey has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Dewey, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Castle Valley [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Valley
- Castle Valley [Grand County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Dewey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Valley
- Moab [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moab
- Moab [Grand County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Dewey
- Former names for Moab:
- Grand Valley
- Mormon Fort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moab<4>
- Fruita [Mesa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fruita
- Fruita [Mesa County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Dewey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fruita have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fruita
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fruita<4>
Grand County ...
Dewey is located in Grand County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Grand County.
Miscellaneous Information for Dewey ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Grand County or the community of Dewey:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Dewey:
- GNIS ID for Dewey: 1437546
- GNIS ID for Grand County: 1448024
- GNIS ID for State of Utah: 1455989
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Dewey would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Dewey.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Dewey, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dewey) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dewey. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DeweyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dewey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.8139, Longitude: -109.2968 In this case, the coordinates for Dewey have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Grand, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|