A visit to the Fremont Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Fremont Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Fremont Cemetery (FG ID #77235)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere.
We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site.
Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Fremont Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Fremont Cemetery
The Fremont Cemetery is located in Wayne County<2>.
The county seat for Wayne County is located in Loa. Loa lies just to the south of the Fremont Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Fremont Cemetery
Lat: 38.4519° (38° 27' 6")
Lon: -111.6328° (-111° 37' 58")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Fremont Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Utah:
- Pages specific to Wayne County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Disaster Stories from Utah
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 13 communities are within 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> of the Fremont Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Angle
- Angle lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southwest of Fremont Cemetery.
- Former names for Angle:
- Lower Grass Valley
- Spring Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Angle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burrville
- Burrville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Fremont Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burrville
- Fruita ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fruita
- Fruita was located 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southeast of Fremont Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fruita have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenwich
- Greenwich lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Fremont Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenwich
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grover
- Grover lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Fremont Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grover
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Koosharem
- Koosharem lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the west of Fremont Cemetery.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 342 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Koosharem have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Koosharem
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Koosharem<4>
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Fremont Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Wayne County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Fremont Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 8 cemeteries that are within 10 miles [16.1 km] of the Fremont Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Wayne County.
- Bicknell Town Cemetery [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bicknell Town Cemetery
- Bicknell Town Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Fremont Cemetery.
- Bicknell Town Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bicknell Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bicknell Town Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #77151<1>
- Burrville Cemetery [Sevier County]
- Koosharem Cemetery [Sevier County]
- Loa Cemetery [Wayne County]
- Lyman Cemetery [Wayne County]
- Teasdale Cemetery [Wayne County]
- Torrey Cemetery [Wayne County]
- Torrey Pioneer Cemetery [Wayne County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Torrey Pioneer Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Torrey Pioneer Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Torrey Pioneer Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Fremont Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torrey Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2263463<1>
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Fremont Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #1441234 (Fremont Cemetery)
- Note: GNIS record #1441234 has been archived by the USGS. It is no longer maintained by the USGS, nor can it be retrieved from their website.
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Loa
- County: Wayne Elev: 2204
- Location given for GNIS #1441234 (Fremont Cemetery)
- Lat: 38.4516452 Lon: -111.6329615
- Lat: 38.4516452 Lon: -111.6329615
- Open a Google Map centered on the above location.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #77235
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Wayne, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Fremont Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.4519, Longitude: -111.6328 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|