Welcome to Angle ...
Although we found mention of Angle during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Given the context of how Angle was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Angle to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Angle, please Contact Us.
Angle is 6,400 feet [1,951 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Angle is about 1¼ mile [or ~2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Angle might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
We believe that Angle would be found within the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Angle ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Angle - they are located in North Carolina, Ohio and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Angle.
Communities near Angle ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Angle.
- Circleville [Piute County]
- Koosharem [Sevier County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Koosharem have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Koosharem
- Koosharem [Sevier County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Angle
- Estimated population in 2019: 330 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Koosharem
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Koosharem<4>
- Junction [Piute County]
- Kingston [Piute County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Antimony [Garfield County]
- Greenwich [Piute County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenwich
- Greenwich [Piute County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Angle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenwich
- Osiris [Garfield County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Osiris
- Osiris [Garfield County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the south of Angle
- Alunite [Piute County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alunite
- Alunite [Piute County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Angle
- Loa [Wayne County]
- Marysvale [Piute County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marysvale have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marysvale
- Marysvale [Piute County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Angle
- Estimated population in 2019: 437 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marysvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marysvale<4>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Angle. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Angle.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Angle. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Angle.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Angle. See our Newspapers Page for Angle.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Angle ...
Looking for more information about Angle? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Angle, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Angle.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Piute County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Angle and then turned west". While Angle could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Angle as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Angle could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Angle - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Angle) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Angle. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Angle
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Angle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.2493, Longitude: -111.9764
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|