Around Castle Valley ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Moab. It lies just southwest of Castle Valley. Moab has a population of 5,300 people.<1>.
For comparison, Castle Valley has a population of 350 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Castle Valley.<2>
- Bedrock [Montrose County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bedrock
- Bedrock [Montrose County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Castle Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bedrock have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bedrock
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bedrock<4>
- Gateway [Mesa County]
- Paradox [Montrose County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradox
- Paradox [Montrose County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Castle Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradox have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradox
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paradox<4>
- La Sal [San Juan County]
- Moab [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moab
- Moab [Grand County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Castle Valley
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,336 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moab<4>
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spanish Valley
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Castle Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spanish Valley
- Thompson Springs [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thompson Springs
- Thompson Springs [Grand County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Castle Valley
- Thompson Springs has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thompson Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thompson Springs<4>
For more communities neighboring Castle Valley, please visit our County-by-County Page for Castle Valley.
Grand County ...
Castle Valley is located in Grand County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Grand County: Garfield (CO), Mesa (CO), Carbon, Emery, San Juan & Uintah.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Castle Valley ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Castle Valley.
Airports Near Castle Valley ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Castle Valley and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Castle Valley.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Utah:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Castle Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Castle Valley.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Castle Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Castle Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Castle Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Castle Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.6338, Longitude: -109.3975 In this case, the coordinates for Castle Valley have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Grand, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Castle Valley), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|