Welcome to Castle Dale ...
The city of Castle Dale is located in Emery County<1> and is the County Seat for Emery County.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Castle Dale has a population of 1,491 people<2> (see below for details).
Castle Dale was established in 1877.
The community of Castle Dale is 5,800 feet [1,768 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Castle Dale is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Castle Dale lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Castle Dale is within the boundaries of the (435) area code.
The ZIP code for Castle Dale: 84513<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Castle Dale had an population of 1,491 people. This is a decrease of 8.53% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 10.02% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Castle Dale had a population of 1,630 people (or 14.85% of the total population of Emery County). This makes Castle Dale the county's 2nd most populous community.
The population of Castle Dale represents 0.06% of the population of Utah (which has 2,763,885 people), making it the state's 120th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 1,630 people, the population of Castle Dale decreased 1.63% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 1,657 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Castle Dale.
Communities near Castle Dale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Castle Dale.
- Huntington [Emery County]
- Ferron [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferron
- Ferron [Emery County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Castle Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,495 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferron
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ferron<6>
- Cleveland [Emery County]
- Elmo [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elmo
- Elmo [Emery County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Castle Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 402 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elmo have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elmo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elmo<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Clawson [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clawson
- Clawson [Emery County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Castle Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 186 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clawson have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clawson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clawson<6>
- Hiawatha [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hiawatha
- Hiawatha [Carbon County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the north of Castle Dale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hiawatha
- Lawrence [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lawrence
- Lawrence [Emery County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Castle Dale
- Mohrland [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mohrland
- Mohrland [Emery County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Castle Dale
- Desert Lake [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desert Lake
- Desert Lake [Emery County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Castle Dale
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Desert Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Victor [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Victor
- Victor [Emery County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the northeast of Castle Dale
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Castle Dale. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Castle Dale.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Castle Dale. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Castle Dale.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Castle Dale. See our Newspapers Page for Castle Dale.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Castle Dale ...
Looking for more information about Castle Dale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Castle Dale, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Castle Dale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Emery County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Castle Dale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Emery County: www.co.emery.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Emery, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Castle Dale.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Castle Dale - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Castle Dale). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Castle Dale or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Castle Dale) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Castle Dale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Castle Dale
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Castle Dale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.2190, Longitude: -111.0196
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|