Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Bullionville, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bullionville and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bullionville:
- 40.7007912, -109.5731966
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bullionville
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Bullionville ...
We have found two communities that share the name Bullionville.
Within Utah, the name Bullionville is unique.
Beyond Utah, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Douglas County
- This community is historic<1> and although located in Douglas County, we don't know where within the county.
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Douglas County community of Bullionville.
- Lincoln County
- This community is historic and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Nevada community of Bullionville [Lincoln County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bullionville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Dry Fork [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dry Fork
- Dry Fork [Uintah County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Bullionville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dry Fork
- Dutch John [Daggett County]
- Dyer [Uintah County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dyer
- Dyer [Uintah County] was located 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Bullionville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dyer. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Escalante Crossing [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Escalante Crossing
- Escalante Crossing [Uintah County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Bullionville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Escalante Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Escalante Crossing
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Flaming Gorge Lodge [Daggett County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flaming Gorge Lodge
- Flaming Gorge Lodge [Daggett County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Bullionville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flaming Gorge Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flaming Gorge Lodge
- Jensen [Uintah County]
- Manila [Daggett County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manila
- Manila [Daggett County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Bullionville
- Estimated population in 2019: 307 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Manila have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manila
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manila<3>
- Naples [Uintah County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Naples
- Naples [Uintah County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Bullionville
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Naples
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Naples<3>
How Far From Bullionville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bullionville to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic community of Bullionville once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Bullionville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Vernal, which is the Seat of Uintah County and lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south. If you could walk a straight line from Bullionville to Vernal, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 121 miles [194.7 km] to the west (W). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,720 miles [2,768.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,943 miles [11,173.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,710 miles [12,408 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,673 miles [9,129.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About Uintah County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Uintah County: www.co.uintah.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Bullionville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bullionville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bullionville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bullionville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bullionville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.7008, Longitude: -109.5732 In this case, the coordinates for Bullionville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bullionville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.109 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.341 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.435 degrees.||